Seven of the top ten destinations for digital nomads are in Europe. If you are looking for your next nomad experience, this article will be very helpful. If you are wondering which can be your next destination, make sure Spain is on your bucket list. Thanks to CNBC we know the ranking of the best countries to live in as digital nomads and remote workers in 2024. Spain: the No. 1 country for digital nomads in 2024
According to CNBC, if Portugal falls, due to the measures planned for 2024, Spain will strut at the top of the ranking.
While teleworking has become commonplace, the digital nomadic lifestyle is increasingly attracting workers and freelancers. The American news network site CNBC published the ranking of the best countries for these workers, a ranking prepared by the site specialized in visas VisaGuide.World. This study is based on several factors.
- Active visa availability
- Internet speed
- Taxation policies and tax-free length
- Income requirement for visa applications
- Cost of living in Euros
- Global Health Score (GHS)
- Tourism popularity
For years, Portugal has been a trendy destination for digital nomads and remote workers, but it did not land the number one spot on VisaGuide.World’s list.
Portugal has already announced several policy changes coming in 2024 that can be viewed as unfriendly to digital nomads, including an end to its non-habitual resident regime, which allowed a tax reduction for 10 years to new residents regardless of nationality.
Spain is the best country for digital nomads next year with a score of 4.50 out of 5.
As of 2023, Spain’s remote work visa allows people to live in the country. A Digital Nomad visa is a residence permit that can be extended up to 5 years and that will allow non-EU citizens to live and work remotely from Spain.
Earlier this year, Spain announced that it was allowing spouses and families to join successful applicants of the digital nomad visa as they have higher wages than the minimum amount required.
Besides Spain, these are the rest of the TOP countries to live as a digital nomad:
- United Arab Emirates
Argentina ranked as the second-best country for digital nomads in 2024. The South American country’s digital nomad visa allows remote workers to stay for six months with the option to renew their stay in Argentina for up to a year. To apply, you need to have a remote job and a passport from a country that doesn’t require an Argentine visa, according to The National Directorate of Migration. Argentina’s high Internet speed and popularity with tourists are two factors that make this visa a much sought-after one.
So, if you are searching for your next adventure: Spain is waiting for you.
In Spain, you will not only have fast internet and a digital nomad visa. Here you will meet warm and friendly people who will make you feel at home. The Spanish culture is very rich and has a lot to offer, here you will:
- Savor the most delicious dishes and desserts
- Enjoy nature to the fullest: paradisiacal beaches, mountains, waterfalls, forests, deserts and much more!
- Enjoy its people and their good humor. The Spanish are warm, fun, they like to go out, make friends, eat, drink and enjoy every day!
- Relax with its good weather! Most of Spain has a lot of sun (more than 300 days of sunshine a year) and very pleasant temperatures in winter and warm in summer.
- A good opportunity to learn a new language. Over the years, Spain has become a multicultural country, so in almost the entire country you will find people who speak English and can communicate content. But it is also a good opportunity to learn from them and take your Spanish to another level.
If you still have any questions, check out our coliving spaces in Spain. There you will make friends from day 1 and you will be able to explore each new city with a community that supports you.
We hope you join us soon!
Thank you for reading so far and remember to follow us on social media to get weekly valuable content:
- GET YOUR SPANISH VISA – Here is how to do it!
- 5 Reasons Why Valencia is the New Hotspot for Digital Nomads
- What is Coliving (and WHY you will be doing it in 2024)
- 7 Reasons Why Mallorca is the BEST Destination for Digital Nomads.
- TOP 10 Countries with a Digital Nomad Visa
- 7 Best Coliving in Spain
- Why Tenerife is booming with digital nomads?
- Absolute Best Digital Nomad Jobs
- Tips for Staying Productive While Working from A Coliving Space
- Why Coliving in Barcelona?
- What is a Digital Nomad? Travel the World While Working Remotely- HERE IS HOW!
- Best Coliving Spaces in Europe (2024)